Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Friday, October 26, 2007

Easy as Pie

I don't usually post recipes because, myself, I just disregard them. However, I'm learning more about cooking with a recipe rather than just rotating through the same four of five meals I always make. This recipe is for a very simple dessert - only four to five ingredients! Instead of vanilla ice cream, I used strawberry to add some color. It doesn't even require baking, just freezing. I got it here if you're interested in finding more easy recipes. They also have a link where you can sign up for their free food magazine with tons of recipes.

Lemonade Stand Pie
1/3 cup COUNTRY TIME Lemonade Flavor Drink Mix

1/2 cup cold water

2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened

1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed

1 HONEY MAID Graham Pie Crust (6 oz.)


PLACE drink mix in large bowl. Add water; stir until mix is dissolved. Add ice cream. Beat with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Freeze, if necessary, until mixture is thick enough to mound.

SPOON into crust.

FREEZE at least 4 hours or overnight until firm. Remove from freezer 15 min. before serving. Let stand at room temperature until pie can easily be cut. Store leftover pie in freezer.

1 comment:

Libby said...

Another easy thing that I do with ice cream, is to thaw it out a bit and spread it into a pie crust, put in freezer, serve when ready. This way you can choose any flavor you want or half n half, etc. EASY! and yummy!

Hope you are healing okay! Libby