Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Luke has arrived!


I am on Mitch's laptop typing this from my hospital bed while Luke is sleeping here next to me. Luke is not even 24 hours old yet. He was born last night at 6:50 p.m., weighing in at a healthy eight pounds, six ounces, and measuring 20-3/4 inches long. Unfortunately, I had to have a c-section due to Luke's low heart rate and the cord being wrapped around his neck. He was distressed and not tolerating the contractions so they wheeled me down to the OR where I was strapped, cleaned, cut open, and stitched back up. Mitch looked so good in his white and blue scrubs. I'll post pictures later of all the action so look for more details to come. I am thankful I was able to experience the initial stages of labor without having to be induced and I must admit that I actually have been able to enjoy this labor experience since the pain isn't as great (seriously!). God is good.

2 comments:

Crissy said...

He is beautiful! Give him a kiss from Crissy and Kim! *smooch*

Amber said...

Yey, Jawan!! Congratulations! I have been following your blog and Luke's saga for awhile, and I'm glad to see you've both made it ok...praise Jesus and hallelujah. :>)