Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Home & happy




After a long stay in the hospital, we have finally made it home. Boy, does it feel good! My recovery from the c-section is going great....the painkillers are working and I've been doing alot of walking, just like my midwife instructed. Since Luke's jaundice levels were high, we had to stay one extra night in the hospital so they could keep an eye on it. Fortunately he hasn't had to undergo the phototherapy light treatment. We'll visit his pediatrician in the morning to have another test run. Andrew has had a difficult week. He's loved being with his Gami, my mother, but he's missed his Mommy and Daddy and is having a hard time dealing with the fact that I can't pick him up or let him sit in my sore lap. I think he's become quite attached to Mitch over the last few days and wants to go everywhere with him. He loves his baby brother and finds it interesting to point out his eyes, ears, nose, fingers and toes to us. My sister and her children plan to be here mid-week to celebrate and early Christmas with us so Andrew has alot of attention to look forward to.

I have two boys....wow. I still can't believe that God has blessed me with such an amazing gift. Tears well up in my eyes and my heart overflows with thanksgiving when I gaze upon my precious children. God delights in giving us good things and I couldn't ask for anything more. My little blond Andrew and brown headed Luke are treasures. Thank you, Father, for choosing me to be their mother. I pray that I will be diligent in teaching them your ways, your love, and your Gospel.

1 comment:

Wanda said...

Honey, I'm so proud of you and your mothering skills. God blessed me with you and has now blessed you with two precious gifts. Being a grandparent is indescribable and I hope you experience that some day as well. I love you. Mom = aka Gami.