Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Just a few funny things....

My friend just adopted a little boy from India and he came "home" this past weekend. When her husband left to fly across the globe to get him, he took along a toy that would give them some play-time together in the orphanage before flying back.

What toy did he take? A farm set of dairy cows with fences and pasture - yeah, not such a good idea.

By the way, my friend and I laughed about this 'til we peed our pants. I told her I was gonna blog about it so I have her permission to joke publicly about their toy choice!

______________________________

Also, I teach a room of eleven little girls - it's a load of fun, I tell ya. For instance, they can't seem to get their tongue to cooperate when addressing my husband. So, when he walks into my classroom each day, he is officially greeted with, "Hey, Pister Match!".

______________________________

When playing the game Scattergories two summers ago during small group, the category was "Street Names". I quickly wrote my answer, no hesitation. When the time came to give our answers, I was surprised to find that everyone else came up with names like Broad, Main, Pennsylvania, and Sunset. My line of thinking was more of STREET NAMES, if you know what I mean. I wrote "G-Money".

What!?

1 comment:

connie said...

I have had my laugh for today! Say hi to Pister Match for me! That is so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!