Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

9 Quick Takes

1. Tonight before bedtime, Andrew said, "Mama, I can spell Mississippi. M-i-crooked letter-crooked letter-i-humpback-humpback". Good try, darling. I remember learning how to spell my home state's name when I was child with the same mistakes. So cute!

2. I'm in love with Adele's voice. I'm always fascinated that Brits sing with no accent (well, that's how it sounds to my American ears, anyway). I don't think she ever sings off pitch. Perfection.

3. Our boys had their first baseball games today. Luke had a hit and enjoyed being on the field. He's mentioned that he likes playing on a different team than Andrew....I think he feels some ownership when he doesn't have to share multiple things like the spotlight, stories, and correction. During his game, Andrew hit a home run, scoring a point for his team - his team won!

4. We spent seven hours today in the beautiful sun and spring breeze while working and playing at our church/school for a fundraiser. And the funds we did raise! I guess it's easy to raise money when there are things such as snow cones, bouncy houses, silent auction, rummage sale, sweet treats, and Chick-Fil-A!

5. I enjoyed a good afternoon visit today with my neighbor across the street. Outside of our cul-de-sac, we haven't done anything together - but it looks like we might be planning a trip to IKEA soon as she is dying to make her first visit. Our kids play well together and we've been known to have a block party from time to time....ha! God is good to give friends and to provide friends for my children.

6. Andrew turned 7 last week and I haven't blogged about it as usual. I've felt really bad about it but it's on my BLOGGING TO DO LIST this coming week. That sounds awful, I know...but it's just a blog post.

7. I guess it would have been neat to make #6 actually #7 but I can't think that far ahead right now.

8. This week I'm going out with the girls...but I've never been out with this group of girls before. You see, these girls that I'm going to get coffee with are also wives and mothers with hearts for adoption. I'm so excited that they invited me to share conversation with them about how we can pray and support the ministry of adoption in the families throughout our city and surrounding counties.

9. Summer is fast approaching. School will end in May and then the summer adventure begins. I'm already making a list of all the fun activities will can enjoy together as a family, including sleep (ha!). Get your pool ready, Pop! Prepare for the invasion, state parks! Bug hunting we will go! Rock skipping will be accomplished! Road trip will be refreshing. Amusement park will be conquered. VBS will be amazing. Tent sleeping in the backyard will be a joy. Church meals will be eaten. Family visits to both ends of our state will be taken and lots of picnics will be enjoyed in various city parks. COME ON SUMMER TIME!



No comments: