Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Babyland General


Once again, during our mountain stay in north Georgia over Thanksgiving, we took the kids out to spend some time seeing the typical FREE local tourist attractions. One such place is the mansion also known as Babyland General Hospital. Massive....that's all I have to say. 650 acres (not all developed) and a gorgeous backdrop of the Appalachian mountains.

Today, I'm not doll crazy but it was an experience that I hope my kids enjoyed. Abigail was fascinated with the dolls and took great care of the ones she chose to hold. We even got to watch three "babies" be born that morning during our visit.




I remember getting one of these dolls when I was a young girl. I was super excited when I opened the packaging on Christmas morning and saw that I had an Xavier Roberts' creation in my possession. I've still got that sweet doll (safe in my cedar chest)...thanks, Mom.


Yes, I think this concept is a bit ridiculous. I had a sad thought as I walked through the mansion....these dolls that sat with fake smiles and tummies full of stuffing had better housing than the souls of those living in tragedy stricken regions such as Haiti.

No comments: