Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Monday, June 15, 2009

End of lessons = beginning of play!


Andrew - This was Andrew's second summer of swim lessons and I've noticed that he's become more of a fish. He can spend large chunks of time under the water, holding his breath. Jumping off the diving blocks in the deep end is a feat he's conquered. He still struggles a bit with his strokes but I hope to have him in the water most everyday of the summer, seeing that he enjoys it so.

Luke - This was Luke's first summer of lessons and I can't tell you how much improvement I saw from DAY ONE to the FINAL DAY! He is now putting his face under the water and blowing bubbles, he's jumping off the side of the pool, and is very eager to be rid of his swim belt. When he has his swim belt or noodle around his waist, he'll venture out by himself. If he is without either of those aids, he stays VERY close to the steps....but he demands, "No help, Mom!".

Abigail - She didn't take lessons this summer (a bit too young) but I took her to the pool twice last week and SHE LOVED IT! She has no fear.....how scary! She wants no swim belt and will jump off the side of the pool with no hesitation. That little girl is too brave for my liking.


So, having said all that, I'm gonna contact our local swim association and possibly sign the boys up for the Beginner's class for competitive swimming. You never know....maybe I'll be sitting in the bleachers one day while watching one of my children win a few gold medals.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Awesome!! What exactly is a swim belt? I soooo need to sign Joshua up. Is it too late for this summer?