1. Since we were on "vacation" last week, we weren't in our own church this past Sunday. Both boys are used to sitting with us for 30 minutes during worship but they've never had to sit the full hour (sometimes longer, depending on who is preaching *ahem, Mitch*). They were so restless and all over the place. One moment I felt like a parental failure and the next moment I chalked it up to the simple fact that they are boys and it's just harder for them to sit still. Case in point...behind us sat two four year old girls who colored, drew, and snuggled close to their dolls while the preacher preached. Well, that is unless my boys were distracting them by rolling on the floor, using their crayons as race cars, and making spitting noises.
2. Abigail is just two weeks shy of her second birthday. Last night, she climbed out of her crib. Looks like I'll be purchasing some bed rails soon.
3. Rite Aid is the worst. They never have that ONE thing I want that's in their weekly ad.
4. I took the kids outside to enjoy the sprinkler today but I decided not to tell them that's what I had planned. Imagine their surprise and excitement when I told them they could play and get wet in their normal clothes in the 94 degree weather - in fact, I was so excited that I decided to join them! No kidding.
5. My brother is getting married in three weeks. My 33 year old brother is GETTING MARRIED! Can it be? Mitch is officiating and Andrew is the ring bearer. I get the honor of sitting next to my mother and sister while watching the bride and groom giggle and smile at each other. I can't believe my little brother is gonna be a husband. Bless ya, Kristi.
6. I haven't logged onto Facebook in eight days. Let me apologize to those of you who have invited me to become your friend. I'm not avoiding you, I promise. I do nothing on Facebook but Invite and Accept. My apologies to those who have sent me gifts and requests that I have IGNORED. It's just not my thing.
7. I am trying to get a group of friends together to go on a white water rafting trip in August. Anyone wanna join me? Ok, I'm struggling to make seven quicktakes, I know.