Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

House Prayer

I love the Bryson family. Peggy is so real and makes me feel so normal. Every conversation I have with her is one full of encouragement. She is authentic. As I was walking down the hallway in her home this afternoon, I saw this prayer hanging on her wall. I just had to type it out and make a copy for myself to frame for my own wall. I love the words as they are what my heart sings...

House Prayer

~ Dear Lord ~
Never let this house become too elegant to house the laughter of children.
Never let the objects that enhance the tables and shelves become
more precious than the small clumsy hands that reach out to touch them.
Never let the upholstery be too fine to hold the weary bodies of little children.
Never let the picture or paint on the walls become
more beautiful than those little hands prints in the corner.
Never let me become so busy making the rooms beautiful
that I forget to guide toward inner beauty the tiny souls that live here,
for you have always kept your priorities straight.
Don’t let me forget the only things in this house that are eternal
are the souls of your children.
Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this....will print it out and save it for when we have children (Lord willing).

Laura said...

Wow, what a wonderful prayer. I saved it and will print it out (as soon as I get my printer). Thank you for sharing.