Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Frustration

I am so frustrated. Today has been a hard day. Much disappointment....

I went for my 39 week checkup today only to find out that I've still made no progress. I've been stuck in a rut for three weeks. Baby #3 is comfortable where she is. My midwife is on vacation so I saw one of the physicians today. She said that since I've made no progress in the past three weeks it would be best to go ahead and put a repeat scheduled c-section on the calendar. She doesn't want me going past my due date with a third baby. I was disappointed but I agreed.

The nurse said she'd call me late this afternoon to tell me when the section would take place. That call came at 4:30 p.m. She told me it would be another seven days (my due date) until my section because the hospital was jammed full until then. I asked if I could have a specific doctor perform it and she said he wasn't available that day. I then told the person on the phone that I had already talked to a friend of mine (who is a nurse at Hospital B where I want to give birth) who told me that they were not booked up for the next three to four days. That's when the nurse on the phone realized she had spent all day trying to book me at Hospital A when I was actually registered at Hospital B. She said my chart read Hospital A.....I just don't get it. I have followed all the rules....I went to my consult back in January and wrote down in my chart that I wanted to give birth at Hospital B. My husband and I, together, went and registered at Hospital B when I was 28 weeks so they would have all my insurance and paperwork info ahead of time. So, how is it that now I have to wait another two days to find out when I'm gonna have a c-section (tomorrow is a holiday so the office is closed and it will take all day Thursday before they call me back, I'm sure)? I need to shut up, confess, and repent. We've all made mistakes.

A is still screaming and crying when being placed on the potty to poop. I just don't get it. I am trying hard to parent him to the glory of God. My sin runs deep and is rampant. Please pray for me. I never knew potty training would be this hard. I think I'll start soon with baby #2.

*Sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you'll end up having her this Saturday, 07/07/07. What a cool date to have as a birthday, and it's also my b-day too. I'm sure it won't be long now. Praying that all goes well with the birth.
Amy

Heidi said...

Hey J-One,

I just read your blogs for the first time in a long time ... I have been thinking of you for the entire past week and wondering how you're feeling. I wish it was better than what I read :-(.

I really appreciate the pictures and blogs of what's going on with you! We just need to come over there sometime after you've had the newest little one and then I can see my little buddy "A" as you call him and little "L." (And if you want to hostess a MK party or do a double facial with your mom, that would be a great way for me to pamper YOU!)

The boys sure are growing! I just love seeing the pictures. I guess the last time we got to see you was at Lora's wedding. We've had lots of changes since then, mostly good. We are continually busier and busier, and Brian is technically only part-time at the church -- I'm not paid but I do have a desk in BB's office. Yeah, it's cool to have a desk!

BB and I are headed to Dallas week after next for the big Mary Kay seminar. I'm excited -- maybe we'll get to swing over your way in August??

We're thinking of you, and we love y'all and miss y'all! I'm praying for that little baby to get outta there soon!!

Call us anytime, and we'll find something to pound on for ya :-)

Love,
Heidi