Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jawan's Taco Soup (via Maja)


Since Fall is here and the weather will be cooling off a bit, I thought I'd post one of my favorite soup recipes.  Melissa is always emailing me for it since she is in a different state every year and misplaces her recipe card.  Really, I just think it's an excuse she gives to email, text, or call me....and I love it!  What was I talking about?  Oh, yeah.....soup. No one in my family likes onions or large chunks of tomato so you'll find none in my recipe...but you can always add them if you'd like!

EASY TACO SOUP

Ingredients
1.5 lbs ground beef, drained
(1) pack Ranch dressing
(2) packs taco seasoning
(1) 29 oz can tomato sauce
(1) 29 oz can water
(2) cans of shoepeg corn
(2) cans of black beans

Procedure
Brown, drain, & rinse beef.
Add tomato sauce & water. (After emptying sauce, refill can with water)
Drain/rinse both corn & beans - add to pot.
Add Ranch & taco seasoning.
Heat & stir!

Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese, and corn chips.

This recipe makes a lot of soup so it's perfect for eating half now and freezing the other half for later. YUM!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Yes, it is an excuse to call you:) I miss you! and now you've got me craving a bowl of taco soup.