Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Potato chips

My friend, Jennie, came over to my house this afternoon to chat, help me pick out some paint colors, and to let our kids play. About an hour before I started dinner, our two youngest children (both girls) began begging for a snack. It was hilarious to watch them walk the circle of rooms and whine, "I wanna 'nack. I wanna 'nack." Apparently, Jennie and I were in such focused conversation that we kind of lost track of the girls for a few moments. When we realized how quiet the house had gotten, we got up from our warm spots and searched for our daughters.

We found them, a
lright. In the kitchen where their little fingers were greasy with potato chips, crumbs all over the floor, a pair of scissors and cut out plastic top of the chip bag on the counter, and two guilty faces cramming the last few chips from their hand to their mouths, getting the last bite in...'cause they knew they'd gotten caught! Soon, all four of us were laughing at their mischievous skills.

If you know my husband, he LOVES his Lay's potato chips. When he went to retrieve his bag of munchies for his Thursday evening fill of THE BIG BANG THEORY, he asked, "Ummmm, is there a reason why there's a clear even cut across the top of this bag?". That was a funny story to tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Usually your posts about doing things with Jennie make me just a little bit sad that *I* wasn't the one doing the activity with you.

This time, however, I am perfectly content that it was someone else's daughter caught red handed. :-) I do still wish, however that I had been there to see that.

Tell Jennie I don't wish I was there *instead*, I wish I was there *as well.* :-)