Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Sunday, November 07, 2010

I got tagged

Coralie tagged me...I love that girl & I miss her. The summer of 2011 can't get here soon enough.


1. What is your name? Ralana Jawan Sons McGinnis (although I don't go by or ever use my first name)

2. Are you named after anyone? Whom? Yes. My parents put their names together and got JAWAN. They were smart, huh? And, yes....I'm a child of the 70s.

3. Were you a planned pregnancy? I've never asked but I think I was.

4. Did you have a good childhood? Yes.

5. What is your fondest childhood memory? Driving to Mississippi one to two times a year. I loved that drive & I memorized it as a kid. The reward was spending time with family in the car and seeing my grandparents greet us on the front porch or carport with arms open wide.

6. Have you ever ridden on an airplane? Yes, five times.

7. Do you have any special talents? I can make my nostrils dance. Sometimes I sing, paint, and photograph people.

8. What is your favorite holiday? Easter.....love celebrating the resurrection.

9. If you found out you had 24 hours to live, what would you do? Same as Coralie...I'd hold my precious children and wonderful husband and tell them how much I love them.

10. Are you in love? Absolutely

11. Are they in love with you? Yes...he treasures me and tells me so. I'm blessed.

12. What kind of car would you get if you could have it totally free of charge? I wouldn't care.....I wouldn't be picky....it's free!

13. Who is your favorite singer/band? Act of Congress

14. What is your favorite movie? Sense & Sensibility

15. What is your favorite TV show? Lost

16. What is your dream in life? To record an album

17. How many pillows do you use? One

18. What do you wash first in the shower? My hair

19. What brand of shampoo do you use? whatever I had a coupon for. Currently, I'm washing with Pantene ProV

20. What kind of perfume/cologne do you wear? Does lotion count?

21. Do you have names picked out for your future children (if you are having any(more))? I have a short list but don't know if they will ever be used.

22. Who is your hero? I love hearing stories of women who give their life to others because of their love for Christ.

23. What is your biggest regret in life? my sin....that's as specific as I'll get for now on this post!

24. What is the longest amount of time you have been at the same job? I worked at Chick-Fil-A all four years of college. It was so much fun!

25. Look to your left…name three things within your reach: my winter cap that I got for my birthday today from my little girl, drumsticks, and the DVR remote.

26. Do you use a desktop or laptop computer? desk top

27. When is the last time you had your teeth cleaned? professionally?....a few months ago. I did brush them today, though.

28. What is your favorite outdoor activity? throwing the ball outside with my boys and helping my little girl learn to ride her bike and climb our tree.

29. What is your favorite color? red

30. What is your favorite clothing brand? I would rather receive a bag full of hand-me-downs than go shopping for something new.

31. What is your favorite kind of soup? Taco soup or chili (is that a soup?)

32. Name five people you can say ANYTHING to: my sister, Coralie, Jennifer, Chrissy M, Maja, Crissy S, and Libby. Wait, that's seven.

33. What did you want to be when you grew up? A veterinarian

34. Are you what you wanted to be? Nope...I just doctor human boo-boos

35. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth? Yes and no.

36. Are you a good speller? What dew ewe meen? Eye theenk eye cpell oK. Yes, I am a good speller but don't think I could beat those homeschoolin' winners on ESPN.

37. Where would you go on your “dream” vacation? Ireland

38. Do you know anyone that has or has died from HIV? No.

39. If you could only watch one TV channel for the rest of your life, what channel would you choose? I don't really care for much on TV but I like a few shows on BRAVO like Top Chef and Project Runway.

40. Who would you like to see participate on Dancing with the Stars? I don't watch DWTS but I think it would be a hoot to see Jimmy Fallon or Conan O'Brien get his groove on.

41. What was your best subject in school? English Lit., Civics

42. How old were you when you had your first kiss? fourth grade (what's that...age ten? Yeah, I'm cringing at that thought.)

43. Name one of the DUMBEST things you did as a child: I'll have to ask my brother. I'm sure he kept a list.

44. Where is your favorite place to be kissed? in the kitchen while washing dishes. RANDOM!

45. What is your favorite smell? clean sheets

46. Have you been drunk in the last month? No & never have been.

47. What is your favorite alcoholic beverage? Sangria

48. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Diet Coke.

49. What is your favorite video game of all time? Mrs. Pac-Man, the fast version.

50. What was the scariest time/event/moment of your life? When I was in a wreck in college and totaled my car.

51. What is the wallpaper on your cell phone? My two sons in their suits dressed for a friend's wedding a few weeks ago.

52. What is the main ringtone on your cell phone? I rotate between all the free ring tones that come with my phone. Sometimes my oldest son changes it on me and when it rings I look around and wonder, "Why doesn't that person answer their phone?!?!?!".

53. You win $100,000 in the lottery…what is the first thing you buy? pay off all our debt.

54. You find a wallet on the ground at the grocery store – there is no ID of any kind – it contains $500 in cash – what do you do with it? Return it to store management.

55. You are on vacation in Brazil. 2 men offer you $25,000 to smuggle a pound of heroin across the border – do you do it? No, I'm not stupid.

56. What TV show do you watch that you would rather not advertise to everyone (guilty pleasure)? Snapped

57. Do you cry easily? no, but music moves me.

58. What is your favorite restaurant? anything Mexican

59. If a movie was being made about your life, who would you want to play the part of YOU? Rachel McAdams

60. Are you superstitious? Nope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how did I miss this until today? I had no idea that Jawan is your middle name, or that Sense and Sensibility is your favorite movie, and I find it oddly funny that you list photography last of your talents, singing second and making your nostrils dance first.