Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

9 Quick Takes

Pictures are easier to post than to have to sit down and think of words to type....but these 9 takes came to me quickly.

1. Packing four lunches every night is one of my most dreaded tasks. It's tedious and takes a long time....who gets what sandwich?, which drink?, will the yogurt keep?, did I pack him a fruit?, is that too many sweets?, I forgot to cut the sandwich in half, etc. Ugh.

2. Guess what.....really, guess. What happens to me often? Seriously....think about it. Who do I visit on a regular basis? Yeah, you guessed it. It's that time again. I have another toothache. This is Mitch's way of finding out. My hygienist is coming to my classroom tomorrow to demonstrate to the little ones how to properly brush their teeth. They told me to listen carefully, too. HA!

3. While eating a HUGE waffle cone with a friend this past week, I decided that I needed a spoon so I could eat off the top portion. The ice cream shoppe was too far away for me to walk. That's when I remembered that this handy mother had something useful in her purse! A plastic spoon! NO, I don't know how it got there. It's been keeping company with the crayons, pennies, and silly bandz at the bottom of my purse. Yes, I wiped it off!

4. While sitting on the floor yesterday with my class of four year olds, the little girl next to me wildly sneezed directly onto my forearm. If I don't show up for class tomorrow, Mrs. Principal, you'll know why. *Sniffle*Snort*Cough*

5. I have 7 close friends who are pregnant. I have 2 friends who are waiting on their adoption to be finalized. Lots of baby showers are being planned. I'm limiting myself to only host 4 of them. Deal or no deal.

6. Mitch and I will be celebrating our 11th wedding anniversary this weekend. Two of our good friends are marrying each other on the exact day we wed those 11 years ago so it will be sweet to share that date with them. Mitch is officiating and all three of our kids are in the wedding in some capacity. I just get to watch....what a relief!

It's been neat to watch this couple fall in love and be involved in our church. I think our entire congregation will be at the wedding!

7. The rescue of the miners was on my heart and mind all day today. Even my students were captivated by the rescue process. So much so that I drew a diagram of the drill hole and rescue capsule for them on the wipe board. Then, I heard one of my students say, "Let's pray for them!". So, we did.

8. I like to text people on my phone and I like to receive text messages, too. HINT! HINT!

9. I found a new song to love.



If it’s love
And we decide that it’s forever
No one else could do it better
And if I’m addicted to loving you
And you’re addicted to my love too
We can be them two birds of a feather
That flock together
While everybody else is getting out of bed
I’m usually getting in it
I’m not in it to win it
And there’s a thousand ways you can skin it
My feet have been on the floor
Flat like an idle singer
Remember winger
I digress
I confess you are the best thing in my life
But I’m afraid when I hear stories
About a husband and wife
There’s no happy endings
No Henry Lee
But you are the greatest thing about me

[Chorus]
If it’s love
And we decide that it’s forever
No one else could do it better
If it’s love
And we’re two birds of a feather
Then the rest is just whenever
And if I’m addicted to loving you
And you’re addicted to my love too
We can be them two birds of a feather
That flock together
Love, love
Got to have something to keep us together
Love, Love
That’s enough for me

Took a loan on a house I own
Can’t be a queen bee without a bee throne
I wanna buy ya everything
Except cologne
’cause it’s poison
We can travel to Spain where the rain falls

Mainly on the plain side and sing
’cause it is we can laugh we can sing
Have ten kids and give them everything
Hold our cell phones up in the air
And just be glad we made it here alive
On a spinning ball in the middle of space
I love you from your toes to your face

[Chorus]
You can move in
I won’t ask where you’ve been
’cause everybody has a past
When we’re older
We’ll do it all over again
When everybody else is getting out of bed
I’m usually getting in it
I’m not in it to win it
I’m in it for you

If it’s love
And we’re two birds of a feather
Then the rest is just whenever
Then the rest is just whenever

Love, love
Got to have something to keep us together
Love, love
Got to have something to keep us together
Love, love

Disclaimer: There may be parts of this post that make no grammatical sense. Please forgive me for writing this at 2:22 am. Am I slurring?

2 comments:

kim said...

enjoyed reading that you just may get a text from me! hint hint! ha i love to text too! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! we got hooked on the frozen go-gurts... they thaw during the day and help keep the other food cold. (plus, I think they're tastier striaght from the freezer!)

Candace