Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Remind me.

The kids are out of school for 2 weeks and that means that, with much rain this month, we are staring at four walls most of the day. This does not have to be a burden! I've found many things for us to do together....painting, watching movies with popcorn, visiting friends, building tents, baking, crafting, taking walks, etc.

Now, it's lunchtime. I'm making sandwiches with fruit and chips for the kiddos. Right now, they are actually having a good time playing in the makeshift tent I put up in the boys' room. Let's hope it doesn't get torn down soon. They've been fighting all morning (no kidding) over their toys, their space, their words. It's breaking my heart. I was telling a friend yesterday that I sometimes tire of telling them the gospel over and over and over and over and over. I fear they are not "getting it". It hurts to see them act so flippantly about the truth that we share with them, in times of praise and in times of discipline. Is it penetrating their hearts? Are they resentful? My dirty heart has shone brightly today and I hate that my sin has been so vivid to their little eyes. But, I'm thankful that I was able to sit down with my child and talk about our wrongs, pray to the Father, forgive and receive forgiveness, and move on. Being a parent is such great joy but belonging to the Father brings far more delight to my heart.

I know God is faithful. His word is living and active and it WILL change their hearts. Oh, forgive my doubt and unbelief, Lord. I need you desperately. I pray your gospel stays in front of me constantly, in my head and in my heart. You make perfect sense, Jesus.

Remind me.

No comments: