Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Friday, December 04, 2009

7 Quick Takes

1. When leaving THE ROCK RANCH tonight, which is a Chick-fil-A property owned by founder Truett Cathy, our kids were asking for something to drink. Considering that the tasty drinks at the ranch were in the $2-$3 range, we opted to stop and go to a drive-thru on our way back home. Not knowing our way around those there parts, we rolled down our window and asked an employee, "Which way to the closest McDonald's?". Smooth.

2. I posted on Facebook last night that a debate broke out between two five year olds in my art class regarding whether Santa was real. I listened to them debate back and forth until one of them became really irritated. They both turned to me to tell them which one of them was right and I simply answered (as any mother would want me to), "That's a question you should ask your parents". I just hope they don't ask my son, their classmate, the same question. You should have seen his eyes as he listened to the debate. He kept looking at me as if questioning why I wasn't affirming the little boy's stance that Santa wasn't real. His silence during the argument told me that he knew to be quiet, though. We tell our kids that Santa isn't real but that there are many children who believe that he is and that we should respect their thinking by not arguing about the matter. Ok, now I'm ready for comments.

3. After taking Abigail to the potty in a place of high traffic business tonight, she exited the restroom and announced to the customers, "I just pooped alot!".

4. I'm getting a hair-cut tomorrow. This is cause for extreme excitement for me considering I only get my hair cut twice a year. Those things are expensive!

5. Remember all those posts I've written about how much I love The Jesus Storybook Bible? Remember how I tried to win one of the new DELUXE editions that were released not too long ago with a narrative CD of the stories? Guess what!!?!?!?!?!?!? A sweet, dear, gracious friend of mine is blessing me with our very own copy! What a wonderful gift! Thanks, friend....you know who you are!

6. As a family, The Annie Moses Band is one of our favorite music groups. Our children enjoy listening to the various instruments being played but no one enjoys it more than Luke. He is intrigued by the piano, the guitar, the violin, the cello, and the mandolin. I told him he could play any instrument he wanted to and be a musician all the days of his life if he wanted. He turned to me and asked, "Mommy, what instrument do you want to play when you grow up?".

7. Andrew cracks me up. He is always asking me, "Mama, what was I about to say?", as if I could read his mind.

1 comment:

BKicklighter said...

Wait a minute. . . Santa isn't real?