Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

sweet "goodnight"

All three of our children have had a touch of the stomach virus this weekend. It's run its course but, due to a decreased amount of sleep over the past several days, they have been waking during the night crying out and wanting to be assured of our presence. I never wish my children to be sick but I am really enjoying these night time interruptions since all three of our children usually sleep solid through the night (love you, Becky). It's rare for any one of them to request a middle-of-the-night cuddle since they sleep so good. They like their back rubbed and for me to run my fingers through their hair but never has it been asked of me to regularly do these things at 2:00 a.m....that is until this weekend.

Abigail just woke up a few minutes ago and, in her sleepy state, asked, "Mommy, rock rock, please?". Oh, how I treasured those few moments with her in my arms, rocking her back to sleep. After a while, I stood and approached her bed, gently squeezing all my love into her little body. I laid her down and she rolled over, looked up at me and said, "I wuv you, Mommy. Night-night".

I think I want her to be this little forever!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

I've also had a touch of that "stuff" since I got home. However, I've not had anyone to "rock rock" or cuddle with me. I'm jealous! ha. I'm so glad you take joy in those times rather than resent being woke up in the middle of the night. I love you all. Mom.

kim said...

very cool! but I'm probably one of those moms like your mom said that resents being woken up in the middle of the night! ha you're a good mom!