Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The magic of Disney underground

I'm not a huge Disney fan (don't get me wrong, I don't hate Disney - it's just that I don't go out and purchase every movie, plush, or sticker with the Disney logo on it), but I absolutely love, love, love visiting the park. There really is something "magical" about Disney World and being able to enjoy it with my family is the true reason I enjoy it as much as I do.

But, Lots of Scotts describes a little bit of the Disney wonder best:

One of the reasons Disney is considered so magical is because things seem to 'just happen.' It is exceptionally clean. When a random piece of trash is dropped someone appears within seconds to clean it up. Security is not visible, but you know it is there. No off-duty employees are seen smoking on a break. Characters just pop up, seemingly out of nowhere. Everything seems perfectly effortless. It is the happiest place on Earth because 'work' is not evident.
So, this explains why I find the underground tunnels at Disney World so fascinating. I want to go back and simply take a tour of the tunnels! WOW!

3 comments:

Joni M said...

While I love Disney World too, the comment when leaving there last time was, "we never spent so much money to feel so miserable and tired at the end of the day..." But--it is truly a magical place to take kids, and I'm so thankful we were able to take Kacie when she was little...Mike hasn't ever been there yet--hopefully we'll get him there some day! Thanks for the info on the tunnels--fascinating!!!

kim said...

Are the tunnels tourable?

AJ said...

Yes, you can tour the tunnels! Let me link you up to a tour you can take. It's called the Keys to the Kingdom. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/tours-and-experiences/keys-to-the-kingdom/
Those tunnels are called the Utilidors. I'm not sure I want to go on the tour, but you guys have fun!