Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trick or Treat....or Reformation?

We took the boys trick-or-treating tonight. It was a first for them both. Andrew seemed to enjoy it but stuck really close to Mitch's side as we walked up and down the street. I pushed Luke in the stroller while he sucked on a lollipop. I really liked getting to meet my neighbors that I've never met before. Kelly just moved in across the street with her two small daughters. She stays at home, too, so we will probably start visiting with one another during the day when we're home. We also invited her and her family to church. The only reason we ventured out (and opened our front porch to strangers to receive candy) was to meet our neighbors. We hope Christ was glorified in our smiles, kind words, and laughter. I like what Tim Challies has to say about Halloween. God is to be glorified in ALL things so why not take the opportunity of Halloween to do so? I wonder if I'd get strange looks when at people's doors declaring what I really want to say; HAPPY REFORMATION DAY!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We trick or treat with the same goals in mind...we meet the neighbors and hang out. We find out who lives where, who has kiddos, who works where. It is the one time a year when the neighborhood completely opens itself up for us. Happy (late) Reformation Day to you and yours as well!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Libby said...

Jawan - you know me, we just went for the candy! hee hee

The boys look adorable. Hope all is going well! Love ya!