Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My mind is racing....

My feet hurt. I am certainly getting older. My body whispers that to me many times a day.

Gosh, will someone please come over to my house and help me pick up all these toys that seem to live on the floor rather than in their proper container!?!?!?

I think I've watched the movie, Flight of the Navigator, a total of eleven times this week, never in its entirety at one sitting. Just bits and pieces here and there, in between other tasks. Andrew and Luke are now masters at working the pause button.

Oh, how I love, love, love it when the kids are all in the bed early and at the same time! YIPPEE! I got a lot done tonight, including two pages in Abigail's album. I'm actually going to bed early tonight. Right after I finish this post...no kidding! Wait, did I remember to put the clothes in the dryer? Oh, man!

Andrew caught a frog this afternoon. The frog's new home is currently in the small sandbox out back, except it's full of water. I made sure Andrew left a branch in the middle so the frog wouldn't die overnight from treading water.

Just found out that a new close friend of mine is moving this summer....to a galaxy far, far away. Some people call it Washington, D.C. Well, Virginia, if you want to get technical. It's all the same up there. Needless to say, I am not happy about it. Melissa, we can clear out a room and let you and the kids stay while Sean does his army thing up there. Yeah? Oh well....free lodging and food when we want to tour the Smithsonian!

Tee-hee! Tasha came to see me today. I love visits with her. She is so simple, sweet, laid back, authentic, and funny. If it weren't for her, I'd still be frustrated with The Grocery Game. Come to find out, I was making it harder than it actually was. Thanks, Tash. You're 'da bomb. Our kids played well together, too!

Thanks to my friend Becky, I have now signed up for every free sample ever offered to man. My mailbox will be full in about 6-8 weeks. The mailman will have to leave packages on my door due to box spillage. I love it! Of course, I spent about two hours online the other night researching blogs, reading fine lines, and completing registrations....but it was worth it. I should be all caught up now. I'm cheap and I like it that way.

Andrew will be four years old in a few weeks. He is obsessed with hockey and has been begging for some inline skates so he can play street hockey in our cul-de-sac. We sized him and just purchased a pair. Now, where can I hide them? Maybe under all these toys on the floor. Also, we took him to his first big screen movie a few weeks ago to see The Waterhorse. It was fun watching him watch the movie. He would cover his ears when it was really loud but he was memorized at how large everything was. The DVD is being released on his birthday. Not a day too late!

Eye kneed two go too bed, now. (That won was four you, Amy M.) *inside joke*

1 comment:

Kim said...

Flight of the Navigator? Good grief, I loved that movie when I was a kid. I haven't seen it in ages. I'll be my kids would love it. I love the Waterhorse, too.