Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Provision

To copy my friend Crissy S., I have also decided to write a post about God's provision. We have finally moved into a house that we love, suits our size, and is affordable (?). After putting the boys to bed last night, Mitch and I started looking through some old photographs from his childhood. It was funny to recognize pieces of furniture in the background of the pictures. His parents have held on to a few of the items from the 1970s. It caused me to look around my own house and count my blessings. I made a mental list of all the "things" God has provided for our home (free of charge):

2 leather recliners from Matt & Heather
2 new end tables from the Morris family
2 new lamps from John & Peggy
a secretary desk and rug from Reggie & Carolee
a china hutch from Mitch's parents
a 4 piece bedroom suit (queen) from Mitch's parents
a round oak dinner table, that seats six, from Mitch's parents
a love seat from Mitch's parents
a couch from Hoke & Amy
a treadmill from Hoke & Amy
a computer desk from Sara & David
a curio cabinet from my sister
two cribs from Kirstin
a highchair from Kirstin
a changing table from Kirstin
a twin bed from Dorothy and Emma
a chest of drawers from my grandmother
a chest of drawers from Quinn & Kim
a chest of drawers from the Sizemore family
a hope chest given to me by my parents
a twin bed from George and Robin
a quilt rack from Billy & Kittie
a washer and dryer from a co-worker in Birmingham
a gliding rocking chair from Tim & Nancy
a patio set (table and four chairs) from George & Robin
a charcoal grill from Mitch's parents
a large clothes hamper from Luther & Sue
a 32 inch color TV from Mitch's grandparents
millions of toys from friends & family
bags and bags of clothes from friends & family

I think we only counted two things that we actually purchased. Our house has been furnished in love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so in favor of passing our blessings around - they go to good use, are loved much and are a sign that God is good at all times in all circumstances. Since Mother's death, my family and friends have traded so much back and forth and it's wonderful to see the "things" in different homes, loved by others. Thank you God.
~Mad