Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Thursday, January 19, 2006

In need of a clean sweep

Our apartment is slowly turning into Toys-R-Us. I finally sat down one night and purged through the toys but I don't think I even made a dent. Christmas arrived meaning more toys have made their home here, too. I have to watch where I step for fear of tripping and landing on a child or injuring myself. It doesn't help that we live in a small apartment (I feel I shouldn't complain because we have friends who are living in a similar apartment with three children!). We are growing too big to fit in this space and the clutter and lack of storage space is beginning to take its toll on me.....leading to much frustration. I have it on my TO DO list to sort through the piles of stuff (I'm not a pack-rat! It's just that there's no place to put the needed things) but my time is full of more important things right now. When I looked around at the piles of clutter the other day, a surprised smile came to my face. It made me grateful that, despite my cluttered heart, the Lord pursues me and delights in me regardless of my sinful condition. It amazes me that he sees me as perfect. He has made a clean sweep of my dirty heart! My outlook should be the same so I'm gonna pray that I NOT get all worked up about making vacuum lines in my carpet (I can't see my carpet anyway).

No comments: