Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Friday, September 02, 2005

Feeling sad, angry, & guilty

I'm sad. It's heart wrenching to see pictures and listen to TV broadcasts of the many stranded citizens of New Orleans. It's sad to hear that many people have died and there are many missing.

I'm angry. I'm not in the midst of the turmoil, heat, and suffering but none of these circumstances justify the raping of women or the shooting of military officials in New Orleans.

I'm feeling guilty. We're taking my son on a trip to the zoo tomorrow. I can't help but think about the fun we'll have watching Andrew's amazement when he's sees a lion for the first time compared to the misery of the little children sitting in massive heat for hours at a time on an elevated highway, waiting for help.

No comments: