Pages


jawanmcginnis (at) yahoo (dot) com

search box


Google This blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our Father's Day gift

I saw this creative idea on Impress Your Kids and knew that it was the craft for my kids to help make for their Daddy's special day...AND it was VERY easy to do!

Here's how we accomplished this cute craft:

1. Put nine large Popsicle sticks side-by-side and then tape them on one side.

2. Flip the sticks over and paint them (optional).

3. After drying, use squirt glue to adhere a 4x6 picture, centered.


4. After drying, place the picture stick frame face down on cutting board/mat and slice between the sticks with an X-acto knife of some size. (I used a pencil sized razor X-acto knife.)



5. Write or decorate how you desire.


6. Painted a clean food can with two layers of white acrylic paint.

7. After dry, adhere the picture sticks to the can with hot glue, allowing space in between sticks at your desire.


Maybe I can get a picture of Mitch's face when the kids give it to him. I imagine the can will find a home on his desk at church. I think I should have found a larger can, though. Mitch LOVES pencils and pens.

3 comments:

BKicklighter said...

LOVE it!!! That's one we can do!

heather said...

Great craft project!

ohAmanda said...

Oh my goodness gracious sakes alive! I LOVE THIS. It is even cuter as a cup! And I love the decorations you added to it. LOVE.